Saturday, November 24, 2012

First Gift

Several days ago I ordered a special bag from Ann at Red Thread China.  This bag is something for Lakey that her nanny can put her things in.  Tonight I was totally surprised to find an email from Ann with a picture of the bag.  I got so excited to see a picture of Lakey's first gift from her mommy and daddy!


Isn't it beautiful?  I love it.  My friend Ashley sent a similar one to her daughter Kate as well before they brought her home from China.  She suggested it to me and said that Kate still loves hers and uses it often.  Do you see the two tags that hang from the handle?  One is a picture of Lakey with her Chinese name, and the other is a message to the orphanage that explains what the bag is for and to please bring it when we come for her.

I can't wait to see the little girl who holds this bag - I feel like it won't be long now.   


 

No comments: