Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Adoption: We Have TA!!

I could not believe my eyes when I saw an email from our travel advisor this morning that headlined, "HAPPY TRAVEL APPROVAL DAY!!!!"  Jeremy actually forwarded the email to me at work with a big ol' 'YESSSS!!' before I even saw it in my personal email.

Hours later, it's still so hard to believe it's happening.  One week.  I was expecting it to take 3-8 weeks before we got TA, and I've trained myself by now to prepare for the long end of a wait range.  Jenny, our travel advisor, said that Chinese offices will be shutting down for a week for the upcoming Chinese New Year (Feb 10), so the CCCWA is trying to crank out the travel approvals before then.  I'm not complaining.  I am elated!  And overcome with thanksgiving to God for connecting Lakey's red thread to us so long ago. **

But I am overwhelmed.

I am overwhelmed with my checklist of things that need to happen before we go.  I'll break that down another time, but for now it looks like departure will either be February 14 or February 21.  I didn't think this was possible.

Good thing I'm not in control.

**When a child is born, an invisible red thread reaches out from the child's spirit and connects to all important people who will enter the child's life.  As the child grows, the red threads shorten, bringing closer those people who are destined to be together.  ~Chinese Proberb










No comments: