Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pavilion of Prince Teng

Our experience in China is unforgettable, but I can't express how much we miss this sweet boy.  I can't wait for the five of us to be together under one roof at last.


Wednesday was a day to sightsee in Nanchang.  We went to the Tengwang Pavilion, which is one of the Four Great Towers of China.


I don't think I've made so many pictures in any trip Jeremy and I have ever made.  I'm always the one behind the camera.  But here in China, Jeremy has been the predominant photog.  Mainly because Lakey only wants me.  To hold her.

All the time.

And when my arms and back are about to break and I pick up the camera, this is what I get.


Her relationship with Jeremy is improving I think - but very, very slowly.  She still won't really let him sit next to her let alone touch her, but she did play ball with him a little today.  Baby steps.


This pavilion has burnt down 29 times.  The one standing now was rebuilt in 1989.  And let's hope it was made with materials a little more fireproof this time.


Grace always comments to us that Miles has so much energy, and when I tell her that our other son probably has even more - she looks at me us like we're nuts.


Sweetness.  Pure and simple.



I love this girl.





This is a dragon turtle.  It is said that the Chinese Dragon has nine offspring, and this is the first.  It represents longevity.  As does the crane.  As do about a hundred other things probably.



Time to climb.


Getting Stronger!


 The pavilion has six levels, which makes for some good views.  It sits along the Gan River.







After we made our way up to the sixth level, we were treated to traditional Chinese song and dance.






I loved this experience.  So much artistry all throughout.



No comments: