Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Miles: Five

Without even asking me today, Miles went and turned five.

The nerve.

I love this boy to pieces.



He is smart. The glasses don't lie. He rarely stops talking, for his curious mind keeps a river of questions flowing. Just the other day as we were finally inching up on thirty seconds of silence and my twitching was beginning to subside, he rolled out with this.

"Mommy, how does wind power work?"

I rent my clothes and curled up in a fetal position.  Then, I did what any mother of average intelligence would do. I started slowly by saying, "Well, the wind has to blow really hard..."  And as the very words were coming from my mouth I knew the rest was gonna be a big load of BS, and so I saved myself the embarrassment of alternative energy ignorance with a quick change of subject.

"Hey, how bout a cupcake!?"

Miles knows what he likes, and here is where I write it down so that the world's worst memory (mine) doesn't forget what the five year old Miles was like. He loves the color red, baseball, Elvis Andrus, Batman, Captain America, swimming WITHOUT floaties, bacon and eggs, games, Little Einsteins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, giraffes, story telling, Tom and Jerry, science experiments, and Chick-Fil-A.

Miles is a fun-loving boy, up for most anything, tenderhearted, inquisitive, always needing to know what every one is doing and where they are going, and in general he is our rule following kid.  Bless him for that.  Because the boy that busted into the world on Miles' heels...

Whoa.

Miles, we love you more than I can describe in words.  We are so proud of you!  Happy 5th birthday!

No comments: