Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Growing Boy!

Miles had his two month visit last Wednesday with his pediatrician, Dr. Zwernemann (Dr. Z from here on out), and he is now weighing in at 11 lbs and is 23 inches long. Growing boy! He has definitely grown out of his newborn clothes, and he is now too long for all his 0-3 month pj's. It seriously seems like they fit one day and the next they just didn't. Miles also had his first round of vaccinations last week, and I left the room. Does that make me a bad mom? Jeremy was there with him, so I don't feel quite as bad as I probably should. I'm sure there will be plenty more times ahead for me to toughen up on stuff like that, right? I just couldn't do it. We also learned that Miles has some reflux, so he is on medication to help with that. Thankfully, it's working and he finally seems much more content.

My maternity leave is about to come to an end, and of course I am a little sad. I have loved every minute of being with Miles over the past 8 weeks. I can hardly believe that he is already 10 weeks old! But we feel really good about the day school that he will be attending, and I'm positive he will be getting excellent care. I'm already dreading the first day of leaving him though, and I'm already having thoughts about wimping out on that one too and letting Daddy step in and take him the first day. I mean, I cried when I was touring a day school one day and a mom came in and dropped her little boy off. There was nothing dramatic about the drop off - it looked like they had done it a million times before. The boy seemed happy to go into his classroom, and the mom was perfectly fine too. But when she gave him a kiss and told him she loved him - I lost it! Seriously, I've got to get this under control.

Sorry for the lack of pics today. Our battery on the camera is dead, and I'm not sure where the charger is at the moment. Plus, I think I hear a crying baby...

No comments: