Thursday, March 25, 2010

Update

Here is the latest from Miles' doctor (whom I really like but admit I don't remember her name - I've grown tired of trying to keep up with all the doctors by name at this point. But this one is worth knowing, so I'll put that on my to-do list today). She said that the inflamatory markers from his lab this morning are moving in the right direction. One in particular was almost half of what it was yesterday. Initially she was telling me that now we just need to wait for those markers to keep decreasing and for Miles to eat better and get more active before he could go home. She was shooting for tomorrow. But she came back in several minutes later and said that he will finish up his last IV antibiotic tonight and that she will order his lab for this evening instead of waiting until morning. If everything looks good she will discharge him tonight! So that is great news! He is still not quite himself and very tired and weak, but SO much better than when this whole thing started. Just wanted to give that update. Thanks again for all the encouragement over last few days.

No comments: