Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Padding a Coffee Table and a Wallet

When I bought my first house, a new coffee table was an item halfway down a loooooooooong wish list of home furnishings.  Lucky for me, eight months later I found a husband who came with a coffee table.  Woot!  Unlucky for me, the coffee table he brought looked like this.  Wop, wop.


Actually, Jeremy and I both are to blame for the awful stain job.  But somehow it was still a step up from its condition before.  And yes, this is what we've been living with for over 5 years.  Despicable, I know.

The good news is that this poor excuse for a footrest got a major makeover a few months ago.  I was too cheap to spend $150+ on a coffee table that I would love, so I decided this would make a great DIY project.  And thanks to some paint we already had on hand and a fabric sale I found, this new coffee table/ottoman was WAY less expensive than anything I would have bought.  Not sure if you can tell from the pics, but I even tackled the task of tufting it.  It was fun, and I'm loving the way it turned out.




And for anyone who might be questioning whether I still have two toddler boys so why all the lightness and whiteness in the room... it can't be said other than I just like it.  I'm guessing that God gave me the 'light and airy' desire of my heart, coupled with boys only 14 months apart, in order to help me in the patience and forgiveness department.  It's all I can figure.

So yes, still got two littles running around.  And one of those littles is... wait for it...

Potty trained!  

One down, one to go,

Lindsay








No comments: