Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday To Knox!

My darling baby boy turned TWO on October 1st.



This is where I take a deep breath and choose not to write a lamentation of how my heart is being ripped out with every year that goes by.  Instead of a big party at our home, we decided to go to Sayre and celebrate with my family.  It was special.  And of course, I brought party supplies a-plenty with me.

Knox loves Elmo.  Loves.  I used to pray that my children would not like Elmo.  Why?  Because that voice is annoying.  Do you disagree?  Well Knox loves him, and like any good mother would do, I have learned to embrace that furry, red monster too.  Knox actually loves the rest of the Sesame Street gang too - he does not discriminate.  So the theme of all his birthday goodies was Sesame Street this year.


I made the cupcake stand out of boxes and wrapping paper, just as I did with Miles' Batman party this year.  I asked Mima to make the cupcakes which helped save me some time, and I made the cupcake toppers using graphics that I bought on Etsy.  How cute did these turn out?


We had a very special guest, my Aunt Dora Jean, over to celebrate with us.  She brought with her a sweet little bag of books for Knox, and it took all the coaxing we had in us to get him to move on from this sack of reads.  We could have stopped right here and he would have been happy as a lark, which is interesting because I don't consider him the bookworm of the family.




As far back as I can remember, anytime it was Jamie's birthday, Aunt Dora Jean always had a little something special for me too.  And vice versa when it was my birthday.  She is awesome like that, and I don't know a single person who doesn't love her.  Especially kids.  It is fun to see her doing the same for my kids.  Miles got his own little goodie sack, and he was thrilled.


After gifts, we moved onto the treats.  For the entire weekend, anytime Knox saw the Sesame Street setup, he would point to it and say, "My party!"  I love that.  Here he is when we brought out his birthday cupcake and started singing to him.





Knox Davis brings a ton of laughter to our family.  His personality has really emerged over the past year.  He is hilarious, opinionated, loud, goofy, energetic, and he still loves his momma.  He works me every single day with those eyes and that face, and I adore him.  Truly, I love this little boy with all my heart.





  


 

1 comment:

faryn said...

lindsay, you have the most precious and beautiful family ever. thanks so much for sharing these special and wonderful moments with the rest of us. love you!

faryn