Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm Getting Bigger and You Can't Stop It

That's what Miles told me in a sing-song-y voice several nights ago when I was begging him to stay little despite his upcoming birthday.

I find myself on the higher end of the emotional scale around this time of year.  I think it has to do with all the party planning (Knox's birthday is October 1) and musings over upcoming holidays that gets my mind thinking about life, my family, and where the Lord has brought us.  In particular, these two month of the year (from July 29-Oct.1) have delivered most of our highest highs and lowest lows.  This is the time of year when we remember the devastating news that Miles would be born very sick but then witnessed God's powerful healing.  Too, we remember the joy of Knox's birth and the delight that he is in our lives.  But we also remember losing two unborn babies in these very same months, and the memory of seeing their presence in me stays close to my heart.

"For from Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things.  To Him be the glory forever.  Amen"

No comments: