Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1st Day of Pre-K & Preschool

Did anyone else feel the tremors from that 7.4 magnitude earthquake off the coast of El Salvador yesterday morning like we did?

No?  Weird.  Maybe your barometer was off.

The walls at our house rattled something fierce yesterday morning, but not because of an earthquake, as it turned out.  It was one four year old boy (with an excellent set of lungs) who did NOT want to go to his first day of Pre-K and did NOT want to wear a uniform!

Mercy.  You'd have thought Miles' clothes had burning embers tucked inside them the way he was melting down.

I had big plans to get the cute First Day of School pic like all the other proud moms in the world.  I even had these cute little "First Day" signs that I printed out.  Unfortunately, this was the best picture I could snap.  And, trust me when I say that the other side of this coin is mad, mad, mad.


See?  Mad.


On the other hand, Knox was as happy as a lark and even asked me if he could wear a uniform to school. Loved his happy attitude!


I was determined to get that cute First Day of Pre-K sign in a photo with Miles.  Here's how I managed it.  Thank you Knox.  And many thanks to the critter that ripped our garbage bag open and dragged trash all over the sidewalk.  It was a welcome distraction for the Mad Hatter.


In all seriousness, I felt terrible all day that Miles was having such a hard time with his first day of school.  But then I came home to this face...


New backpack baby!  And all is well again.






 

No comments: