Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pumpkin Choco Chip Bread: Yes Please!

In just over a month, we are headed to Maui for one of my best friends' wedding.  You would think I might be using these last few weeks to eat right and tone up, but evidently, when Autumn rolls around I am mentally over both warm weather and swimsuits.  

Instead, I find myself wanting to bake a lot - anything with apples or pumpkin.  I came across this recipe for Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and now I beseech you to floor it to the grocery store for a can of pumpkin puree and make this today.  And before you scoff at 3 cups of sugar, keep in mind that this recipe makes two loaves - so you can freeze one or give one to your neighbor.  I only did a 1/2 cup of oil and subbed no sugar applesauce for the other half - I bet you could even totally replace the oil with applesauce too if you wanted.

Anyway, I made this yesterday and there is only a third of one loaf left.  But then again, I am a total sucker for something with chocolate chips baked in.

Happy Fall!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the use of the word Autumn!

lindsaycutt said...

I even thought of you as I was using it. Love the word Autumn!