Monday, October 08, 2012

Miles The Mature

I have the day off today (thanks Christopher Columbus), and should I feel bad that I sent the kids to school anyway?  I kind of do.  But not that much I guess b/c I couldn't sleep last night for thinking of all the things I could do today.  By myself!  Productivity galore!

Anyway, one of the things I did today was attack a giant pile of papers that was one sheet shy of toppling over.  As I was sorting it all into "save" and "pitch" piles, I came across a Happy Gram from Miles' teacher, Mrs. Jennifer.  I hadn't seen it before, but it's one that made me proud and laugh out loud at the same time, although I'm certain it's only funny to me (and probably Jeremy).

9-21-12
Dear Northcutt Family,

Miles is doing great in PK1 and is showing such maturity.  This week he settled a disagreement between peers at lunchtime.  He asked both students to "calm down and stop yelling," and encouraged them to take turns talking.  Way to go Miles!

Warmly,
Mrs. Jennifer

Aw, he's a good boy.  Taking turns to speak is something we have to practice OFTEN in our house, so it makes me proud that he's paying it forward.

No comments: