Monday, October 01, 2012

Three

Today at 12:23 pm,  my darling baby boy turns three. 



He is silly, handsome, funny, and dramatic.  Emphasis on dramatic.  His personality is BIG, and that means that every emotion is BIG too.  He is fearless, honest, and naughty.  He will often tell you that he's not your friend anymore just to see how you react.  He is slick as a whistle when it comes to accepting punishment.  He conjures up big tears, tells you he just needs a hug, and sometimes asks for a second chance.  And in the spirit of promoting grace, you (I) often give in to his requests.  Slick, slick, slick

*Aside:  When I first started doing time-outs with Knox a little less than a year and a half ago, he kept getting up and I would set him back down.  Over and over again until I told him that if he got up again he would need to get a spankin'.  As I walked away for probably the 23rd time, he started singing, "A-maaaaaazing grace!  How hhweeeeeet da sooun!"  See what I mean?  Slickness.

But this boy is also loving and cuddly.  And generous.  He is good at sharing, and every morning he goes to the pantry and gets a cereal bar for himself, one for mommy, one for daddy, and one for Joker.  That's right - the villain.  And Knox will cry if you try to tell him that Joker is a bad guy.  What can I say?  He loves the unloveable I guess.






Happy birthday Knox!  We are so proud of you and love you so, so much!

No comments: