Thursday, February 14, 2013

The List, Updated

The List in all it's updated glory.

Get visas for me, Jeremy, and Miles
Get a VPN for our computer
Sand and paint Lakey's dresser
Gallery wall in Lakey's room
Suspend our mail
Oil change
Install third car seat
Transition Miles to a booster
Finalize time off with work
Finalize inner-China travel plans with GWCA
Load iPads with entertainment for kids
Clean out Lakey's closet and make room for her stuff
Get house sitter squared away
Teach parents how to Skype
Call credit card company
Chinese children's song playlist
Pack for me, Miles, and Lakey
Pack for Knox
Get a Final Four family pic
Get Miles' glasses adjusted
Clean out the fridge
Get family prescriptions
Get Lakey's prescriptions
Keep my sanity - meh, what is sanity REALLY?
Gifts for foster family and orphanage nannies
Gifts for orphanage
Gifts for Chinese officials
Make a pact with myself that I will not buy cheap, ridiculous souvenirs
Celebrate the first of many, MANY Chinese New Years
Rosetta Stone: keep trying, but memorize that Baby Mandarin pamphlet for back up - one of my besties Margarita reminded me this week that love is the universal language so I quit trying to learn Chinese.  Do you have a BFF that encourages you to quit stuff?  You should get one - so liberating!  (Love you Parge!)
Brush up on baby Sign Language if all else fails
Stock up on melatonin

And it's only 1:15 am!  Woot!  I fully expected to be packing until 45 minutes or so before our 4:15 a.m. alarm.  This leaves me with three excruciating hours of insomniatic (yes, i'm quite certain i made that word up too) restlessness.  I mean, who are we kidding?  Peaceful sleep ain't happenin' tonight folks.

But I'll go in there and try, just for grins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So exciting! Safe travels!