Saturday, August 23, 2008

Home Sweet Homecoming!


There's no place like home! After 3 weeks and 3 days in the hospital, finally our NICU days are over! Woohoo!


Miles was moved to CCN Friday afternoon and did great through the night. Dr. Rosenfeld decided to have him stay Saturday night as well, and early Sunday morning we got the call that we could come get our sweet baby! Jeremy and I were still asleep and actually heard the message being left on the answering machine, and when we did our eyes popped open and we were on our feet getting ready in no time. Here are a few pics of Miles' last few moments in NICU.


I've often wondered what outfit I would bring my first baby home in. When my nephew Lawson was born and I really started looking at all the cute baby clothes available in the world, I started wondering how anyone ever chooses. In the back of my mind for some reason, I had this image that the outfit was supposed to be delicate, soft, and mostly white with maybe some baby blue gingham or an embroidered bear on it somewhere. I know, seriously. But when Jeremy and I saw this onesie the other day, I just knew. Given all the obstacles Miles has been through and overcome in the last 24 days at Parkland, we thought the Superman insignia was more fitting.

So, how are we doing now that we have him home? Well, the last 24 hours have been fun (and LONG I can't lie!). My parents were in town this weekend, so it was fun for them to be able to see Miles in his new environment. Once they left, Jeremy and I definitely had that "Now what?" moment, but the thought didn't last too long as Miles has no problem letting us know if he has a need that needs tending. We have both been pretty exhausted today as we're working on establishing some kind of routine for him. But exhausting as it may be, we couldn't be happier to finally have him home, sweet home!!

7 comments:

Leah said...

That is so exciting! Thinking about you guys! He is super precious.
Love yall,
Neil, Leah and Jack

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy you finally have your sweet baby home with you.

I'm anxious to see him.
Love,
Doris

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to hear your family is now together at home. Love to you all and I can't wait to see you all. Love, Aunt Kay

Anonymous said...

Miles could not have come home to better parents. Love to you all. Love, Grandma

lindsayloo said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to come by. PLEASE call if you need anything.

Morgan said...

I'm so happy for ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!! So happy for you guys. Superman is the perfect coming home outfit. You guys look so happy. God is good.
Love,
Christa