Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shamian Island

Yesterday afternoon we went over to Shamian Island.  It's don't think it's a true island.  It's just on the other side of the Pearl River.  Maybe somehow the river winds its way around it or something.  I should Google it I guess.

Anyway, it's beautiful.  It has a European feel with pretty buildings, quiet streets, and a nice garden.  I saw two or three Chinese wedding photo shoots happening while we were on the island.  I can see why; the backdrop is very pretty.


For some reason, I was determined to get a picture of Lakey in line with these school children.  Don't ask.  I don't know why.


She really wasn't wanting to head off to school just yet; she was tense about it I could tell.


Then Lakey heard that little girl telling the caboose to herd the new girl into a straight line, and she started to crumble.


And when the boy actually put his hand on her shoulder, she totally lost it.  I don't know what it was - the stone faced children?  Yeah, I guess that's kind of creepy.


But, she found the umbrella a few minutes later and she calmed down.  Calm enough even to squat and go potty.  At least, I think this is the gesture when she needs to go.  Some things I'm leaving to figure out when I have home field advantage.


Meanwhile, Miles was getting a kick out of riding on the dog.  He was hesitant at first.  Might've had something to do with the large woman coming up in the passing lane.  She looks pretty solid.


Time to get a few winks.  Only two more days before we are bound for the Homeland!




No comments: